Re: TR3 Catalogue from TRF

To: dezn490@wadnr.gov (dave eaton), rcarley@uoguelph.ca
Subject: Re: TR3 Catalogue from TRF
From: twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 19:15:35 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At  8:14 AM 3/20/97 -0800, dave eaton wrote:
>The numbers are relatively small compared the the Triumph Herald. 8~)

The Roadster Factory is a US based company.  How many Heralds made it to
the states?  Common guys we are talking about the cars that the Roadster
Factory sells parts for and the percentage of their business they
potentially represent.

>> Relativly small number?
>>
>> The following data comes from the book "TR for Triumph"
>>
>> There were approx 380.000 Triumph TRs made between 1954 and 1981.
>>
>> TR2, Approx 8,600
>> TR3, Approx 13,350
>> TR3A Approx 58,200
>> TR3B Approx 3.330
>> Total about 83,480 built which is about 22% of the Triumphs built between
>> 1954 and 1981
>>

>> Compare this with the 8,450 TR250s built and that TRF has a catalogue for
>> the TR250.
>>
>> There were only about 10,000 more TR6s build than TR2-3Bs.

TeriAnn Wakeman            For personal mail, please start subject line
Santa Cruz California      with TW.  I belong to 4 high volume mail lists
twakeman@scruznet.com      and do not read a lot of threads..Thanks

Medium & large format photography, 1960 Land Rover 109,  1961 Triumph TR3A