'71 Spitfire bumper

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: '71 Spitfire bumper
From: "Alan Storey" <astorey@freya.berry.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 09:12:56 EST
I've been reading this list for some time, but this is my first
question for the Triumph experts.  I have a '71 Spitfire parts
car that has a chrome bumper bar above the standard bumper. (The bar
is bolted to the bonnet.)  It looks good and fits well, but I haven't
seen this arrangement on any other Mark IV Spitfires.  Is this some
type of factory option, or is this an aftermarket add-on?  Also, does
anyone want to buy this bumper with the bar?  Both the chrome and
plastic parts are in good shape.  I have an early Spitfire and a
1500 so I don't really need this bumper.

Alan Storey
astorey@berry.edu
Rome, Ga.  USA