Re: TRF (still)

To: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: TRF (still)
From: Adam Turner <turner@public.se>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 11:27:52 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
DUHART JOHN wrote:

> Hey Adam,
>
>         About TRF and people telling them how to run there business.  Does
>your
> business request its customers donate $100 to join a club sponsored by
> the business?  If you did would you expect the club members to fell they
> had more of a stake in you business?  If so won't you expect that some of
> those club members might give you advice on how they want to see the
> business run?  If you had made a business decision years ago that put
> your business at risk and now you were forming a club so your customers
> could help save that business what do you think the general reaction of
> club member would be?
>
>         I'm not trying to start a flame  here, I would just like to here your
> opinion.
>
> Later,
> JHD IV
Your feelings are understood. But if you live in the US you're in the
world's most highly developed market economy; you guys know that if
supplier A goes under, supplier B will step in. There is demand for LBC
spares, as we all know, so there'll be plenty of "supplier B's" waiting
in the wings.

If you like Moss, use Moss. If you don't like TRF, don't use TRF and
most of all, for goodness sake don't invest USD 100 if you don't feel
confident about it.

As for my opinion. Well, I regard running my show my way as a basic
freedom. If my clients don't like the way I do things (I run a
translation business for the Scandinavian financial sector), they go
somewhere else. Voting with your feet is the only way; anything else is
just hot air.

There are other options too, of course. I know that TR Bitz, a UK
supplier who I believe is Heritage approved, will give any organisation
a discount and in certain circustances (or at least they said so on the
phone to me) will deal at wholesale prices. Whatever. Enthusiasts will
always find a way.

Adam Turner,
'74 TR6