Re: spit exhaust

To: Joseph R Schneider <joe-schneider@nwu.edu>
Subject: Re: spit exhaust
From: bill nichol <bnicho19@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 23:10:17 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joseph R Schneider wrote:

> still wringing hands over exhaust for my 76 Spitfire- I'm reluctant to get
> Monza due to noise, reputation for rapid rust out, thinking of stainless
> stock system but despite the catalytic converter, I want some semblance of
> free flow to get some advantage from the Weber DCOE I have, does ANSA make
> Spit exhaust? If so, who sells it?
> thanks
> Joe
>
> Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
> 76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC
Hey Joe,
I've got a Monza system and I love it. The engine note sounds great
especially at about 3k with the top down and on the highway. I neverplay
the radio anymore(couldn't hear it anyway).Yuks  I have had mine four
about 4 yrs. Still very solid. I have a high flow catalytic didn't seem
to affect much. I have thought about adding some thrust masters or
something to take the edge off the accelleration noise but then I'm out
on the highway again and I'm listening to that beautiful song my machine
is singing to me and I"m hooked again. Besides if I can't beat that damn
Caravan at least I can scare'um good.

Bill
78Spit
80Wedge