[npenney@erols.com: Blowers for Spitfires?]

To: triumphs
Subject: [npenney@erols.com: Blowers for Spitfires?]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 17:12:54 -0700 (MST)
This was sent to the wrong address, rather than triumphs@autox.team.net

mjb.
----

     Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 13:39:25 -0800
     From: nolan penney <npenney@erols.com>
     Subject: Blowers for Spitfires?

I've had a rather bad thought wandering around in my head for several
weeks now.  Namely, the thought of superchargers and turbochargers on
Spitfires.  Namely my 1500.  I've seen little Volvo turbos for sale for
$25 dollars.  And little VW superchargers for about $75.  Hmmm, it's had
my mind thinking what if....

Anyone ever done something like this?  I know, the three bear mains are a
real limiter, but then I wasn't thinking of 30 psi boost of 12,000 rpms
either.  Seems like this could be a very interesting alternative to other
hop up games one gets to play when it comes to the Spitfires 1500.