Moving a TR3 (Epilogue)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Moving a TR3 (Epilogue)
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 13:53:06 -0500
Greetings one and all,

Some will remember a thread last month I started about transporting my
TR3B that has been resting for some 20 years. The consensus was to go
with a Ryder truck and auto trailer.

Well, I finally got some decent weather and I picked it up yesterday.
The northeast U.S. has had lousy weather on the weekends for weeks! I
finally saw a window of opportunity and took it. All is safe and sound.

I need to thank Jack Brooks for being 100% on target with his strong
suggestion to go with the Ryder equipment. I used U-Haul's auto
transporter twice to move TR250's, and both times I was underwhelmed.
The Ryder auto trailer has a full width bed, a full width ramp and the
bed tilts for easy, no frame scraping loading and unloading. The truck I
rented to pull the trailer was by no means new, but it ran great, the
box didn't squeek and groan while running over every pebble and it was
really easy do 65 MPH the whole way.

So, thanks again to Jack, and everybody else who commented.

And remember, when you need to rescue a resting LBC, go Ryder, the
choice of international terrorists and LBC fanatics!   8-)
--
| Henry Frye                          E-mail thefryes@iconn.net |