Compression test

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Compression test
From: "Todd W. Sigety" <toddsig@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 20:32:44 -0500
I plan to purchase a compression tester this week and test my 1970 TR6.
I would appreciate any input on interpreting the various readings for
each cylinder. The TR6 has about 85,000 to 100,000 miles on it, and
according to the previous owner, has had no major engine work perfomed
on it.  The car had been sitting in a car port for 6 to 8 years prior to
my purchase of it.  The engine is now running (thanks to the Triumph
list and fellow scions), and I would like to get a feel for how strong,
or more than likely, how weak the engine is.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Todd Sigety
1970 TR6
CC53728L