Wire Wheel Hub Adapters/Spitfire

To: "'British List'" <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Wire Wheel Hub Adapters/Spitfire
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 10:42:13 -0800
Listers,

        Good day for a little garage work here in the SF bay area.  As I
prepare to convert my Spitfire to 15" wire wheels, I am staging all the various
adapters, lug nuts and spinners on the work bench.
        I notice that the height of the right hand hubs is a good quarter inch
taller than the left.  Is this correct? Or did TRF send my two of the wrong
size?  The lefts measure @3" and the right @3.25".  Has someone got the time or
inclination to check theirs for me? (This would present the perfect oppotunity
to do your springtime regrease of the splines :)
        I would like to hear the reasoning behind this if it is correct.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar