spitfire brake lights not working

To: tzappa@aztec.co.za, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: spitfire brake lights not working
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 10:27:01 -0500 (EST)
To Tony Zappa
You say your Spifire brake lights aren't working,now whilst I freely admit
that I am not the world's greatest auto-electrician.
There are a limited number of possibilities here:
1)The switch at the brake pedal (favorite)
2)The bulbs have blown due to short-circuit,unlikely,but not unknown
3)wires/cables damaged/cut somewhere
4)power supply
That's about it,I suggest you get a circuit tester,a light bulb with two
cables attached is enough,and trace the circuit back from the source of
power,starting with that brake pedal switch,remember to temporarily
disconnect coil to stop it overheating,and switch on the ignition,otherwise
they won't get any power.
Be methodical,follow the circuit back,from source to bulbs,you'll find the
answer eventually.
nb.I don't know if you are a member of the Triumph Sports Car Club of
Southern Africa,or whereabouts you are in that great country,but if you let
me know,I'll be pleased to put you in touch with the nearest centre/chapter
organiser who will be able to arrange some more direct help for you.
Leon F Guyot
TSSC International Liaison Secretary (81/2119)

                                                                        Proud
to be TSCC of SA member # 1700, (Pretoria Triumph Sportmotorklub # 269)