Re: "Spit"wright's Disease

To: spitfire1500@named.dalton.net
Subject: Re: "Spit"wright's Disease
From: DDilucchio@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:02:45 -0500 (EST)
Cc: ArthurK101@aol.com, rcarley@uoguelph.ca, peb3@cornell.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
DDilucchio@aol.com wrote:

> Arthur:
> Thanks for the definition of Shipwright's disease. There is a mutant
variant
> with which I have been diagnosed. It's called "Spit"wrights disease. There
is
> no cure!
> Dan DiLucchio
> '66 Spitfire

>Sooo, that's what I have!  I always thought it was Shipwrights disease,
>but now I know it is really "Spit"wrights disease!

>And, no there is no known cure.  Even the "LBC For Sale" sign does not
>cure it.  Eventually, another LBC will have to be had!

>Ron N.
>Dalton, Ga

Ron: You are correct. The Only and I do mean Only cure for "Spit" wrights
disease is to have the Spit surgically removed. It must then be sent to the
lab for testing. Unfortunately most infections of this sort are terminal.
Even if you have one Spit removed another grows in its place almost
immediately!

The Center for "Spit"wright disease control (CSDC) (in London) is working
furiously to find a cure.

However, it's nice to know that there is a support group out there.

Dan DiLucchio
'66 Spitfire MK II