Re: Wheel studs?

To: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Subject: Re: Wheel studs?
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 11:47:28 +0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 wrote:

> Andy,
> Andy,
>    Are you aware of anyplace that would sell 3/8" wheel studs that are
> longer than the stock GT6/Spitfire. Or would you know if the lug nuts for
> Minilites are longer than the stock late model GT6/Spitfire. I have been
> attempting to gain additional clearance for some 205/60 between the sidewall
> and the shock tube bu adding a 1/4" spacer, but come up short on the thread
> engagement.

Rich,
Rich,

I know that quite a few folks upgrade to TR6 wheel studs; that might be
one option. I'm sure others on the list can provide details or other
alternatives.

With "original" Minilite wheels, the shouldered lug nut goes THROUGH the
wheel, nothing like the later Spitfire's (which is just a tapered nut with
a nice chrome head). You still might need a longer wheel stud to
accommodate the spacer, though.

--Andy