Re:Diamonds are forever,Frame Painting,Volvos & GT6R

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Subject: Re:Diamonds are forever,Frame Painting,Volvos & GT6R
From: "Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 14:52:04 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 11 Mar 1997 GuyotLeonF@aol.com wrote:

> The owner of the Hillman said,"Wonderfully raucous engine-definitely the deep
> throat of the group"

Hmm, an interesting choice of words!!!:-)

> when I was running it with dual-twin choke Weber 40DCOE Carbs on a rare
> 8-port cylinder-head or later when I had a big SU Carb & Shorrock
> Supercharger on standard 1200 engine,both with gas-flowed head & big-bore
> exhaust systems!
> (And no,I can't get any more 8-port 1200 heads or Superchargers,so please
> don't ask!)

Where did they come from to begin with???

> BTW,In Miami Vice,the TV series,Wasn't that 'Ferrari Testarossa' really a VW
> Beetle engined kit car,over-dubbed with Ferrari engine sounds?

In performance car someone sent in an article from 'Custom Car' or
similar (about yank tanks) and it said it was a corvette or something in
a body kit with nitrous and all sorts. Why kit it out? A nitrous 'vette
is hardly a disgrace??? If it was a beetle i could understand.....

,check to see if the yellow
> 'drastic-plastic trevor' has a blue-plastic coated frame,or perhaps a green
> car with a red chassis etc!

shouldn't have any bother keeping up in the Spit!

.
RE:- GT6R

Unfortunately,all that stuff
> has now gone,some stolen by gypsies for the alloy content,the fate of the
> rest,I have been unable to determine!

So has this really been lost forever? Can the TSSC not doanything avout
it? As a member I wouldn't mind donating to save such a vehicle.
As for the bastard gypsies, STRING 'EM UP!!!! apologies everyone but it
is bloody annoying. I almost wish I hadn't heard the story.

Johnny Storm

'77 Spitfire 1500