Re: larger wheels shorter sidewalls

To: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Subject: Re: larger wheels shorter sidewalls
From: maxx@cybermax.net
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 07:37:51 -0500
Cc: npenney@erols.com, GT6@wvi.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jeremy DuBois wrote:

> > > No other car has ever used this bolt pattern (4 x 3 3/4),
> > > TR7's/8's excepted.
> >
> > Am I understanding you correctly, that a TR7 or TR8 wheel will fit onto a
> > Spitfire?
> >

>   Yes, it will.  I've actually tried putting some TR8 style alloy wheels
> that were lying around on my Spitfire for kicks.  They bolted on fine.  I
> didn't go any further than that though (i.e. I didn't drive it).
>
> ----
> Jeremy DuBois                              jer@thlogic.com
> Manager, Info Systems                      http://www.thlogic.com/~jer/
> Thermalogic Corporation                    '60 TR3A, '74 MGB, '76 Spit

Guys:

Just FYI..  The "wedge" (TR7/8) wheels *DO* work well on a Spit.  Check
out the Spitfire at http://www.infi.net/~geithner/spit.html.  It's a
good looking combo!

(BTW...  I'm new to the list and thought I'd pass along a tip to the GT6
crowd....   I found a complete GT6 in a junkyard here in Jacksonville
FL.  The car's owner abandoned it at the airport (a strange phenomenon
here in military-dense Jax) so I know the car ran and drove just prior
to it's arrival at the yard.  I toyed with dropping the 6 in my 77
Spitfire and the owner was willing to sell the motor/trans for $350.00!
(I passed since there was some rust in the bonnet and my Spit has none)

Anyone interested, let me know...

John