Re: diamonds are forever - stag?

To: petrc@asia.csg.mot.com
Subject: Re: diamonds are forever - stag?
From: lgmiceli@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 1997 20:44:20 EST
Cc: mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 10 Mar 97 09:44:04     Petr Chrapavy  <petrc@asia.csg.mot.com>
writes:

>Well spotted Michael - yes it was a Stag.
>
>One book on Stags actually mentions this in a (very) short chapter
>"Stags
>in films".
>
>I don't think anybody from the sound crew who did the "after-sound" in
>this
>Bond film had any idea about Triumphs - the poor Stag sounded like
>1100cc
>car, not a noisy 3L V8 !

That's not far from the truth. A book that I have on the Bond movies says
that the film crew didn't like the sound of the Stag. It wasn't British
enough, so they dubbed in the consummate British sports car engine sounds
- - - a Triumph Herald!

By the way, the book says that the Stag used in the film was the press
release car that most of the early magazine editors drove. The car was
also used in an AWFUL Dracula movie with Frank Langella, "Dracula 1971".
This movie is so bad that it's not on video, but TBS plays it now and
again. It's pretty amusing to see Dracula in bell bottom pants driving an
orange Stag.

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag