Re: Flushing Engines not

To: triumphs
Subject: Re: Flushing Engines not
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 01:19:01 -0700 (MST)
This was sent to the wrong address, rather than triumphs@autox.team.net

mjb.
----

     Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 10:17:08 -0800
     From: npenney <npenney@erols.com>

> But why not use a flushing oil made for that purpose if we can get it in
> Australia you should be able to get it in the states,

A flushing oil/agent is a solvent, or at least a thinner of the oil.  What
you're
trying to do is losen and disolve oil and and deposits when you flush.  Now,
think
about what that means to the oil that is/was attempting to lubricate your
engine.
It's being disolved and thinned even more then the sludge stuck on the sides of
things and laying in the bottom of the pan.  This is not a good thing to do to
the
oil that's attempting to protect your bearings.

The problem with gunk blocking your filter and passages still applies even if
you
use a specific flushing agent.  It doesn't matter what the agent is.  The gunk
broken free can, and often times does, get up into the oil passages, partially
or
completely blocking them.