To: Triumph autox <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Vid>Re- Vid>Funny clunky ty
From: Jørgen Klitholm <jorgen_klitholm@computermac.dk>
Date: 06 Mar 97 12:41:33 +0100
         Vid>Re: Vid>Funny clunky type noises                  06/03/97 10:=
53

hard to say, I drove my Spit around during the summer (1500-2000km)with no =
problems and the noises didnt really get worse, but I chose to get it =
fixed before I went to the annual spitfire meet in Holland as I didn't =
have the nerve to drive another 2000 km not knowing......byt the way the =
journey went OK except for a puncture 10 km from the showground - and =
guess what: we didn't bring a spare as everyone knows that you almost =
never have a puncture..... We limped the rest of the way on a flat, =
imagine the noises and smell of burnt rubber! Anyhow if you are looking =
for a spare wheel, what better place than the anual spitfire meeting with =
a huge autojumble! =

I guess there is no way of saying har far (km-wise) you are from disaster, =
but If the noises have just begun I'd go for the 300 miles and then get it =
fixed.

Good luck!
Jorgen
(Denmark)
69 Spit 6 Mk3
--------------------------------------
Dato:  06/03/97 11:55
Fra:  Johnny Storm:- International Ra
 On 5 Mar 1997, J=F8rgen Klitholm wrote:

>          Vid>Funny clunky type noises                          05/03/97 =
13:33
> =
> I'd say something worn or broken in your diff. I had the same experience,=
 nothing could be seen until the diff was opened, and then the problem was =
very visible!
> =

So it's time to brick it then?!? The problem is that I'm currently a 300
mile journey from home (At uni)! Is a diff failure going to be a
catastrophic (well more than usual) event or can I creep home?

Johnny Storm

'77 Spit 1500

--------
RFC-822 Header:
RECEIVED: from PRAGMATIX.BANGOR.AC.UK by donald.computermac.dk ; 06 MAR 97 =
11:55:28 UT
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 10:53:21 +0000 ()
From: "Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.=
uk>