Re: Book review: "Triumph Cars"

To: EPaul21988@aol.com
Subject: Re: Book review: "Triumph Cars"
From: ron botting <rcbotting@mindlink.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 19:24:23 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Paul & Bob

I also have recently acquired an early book on Triumph Sports cars,  my
father owned a TR2 during the late fifties and early sixties, now some 32
years after having sold the car and giving away his manual, upon learning of
my current restoration project of a TR3A, a  friend of my late father drops
by and returns his manual after some 32 odd years !

Along with the bound RED Service and Instruction Manual (Publication No.
502602) Which is chock full of terrific diagrams and photos. I also received
a small Booklet which is titled "TRIUMPH GUIDE" by Dave Allen & Dick Strome.
Published by the Crown Publishers (Sports Car Press) 1959,

Contents

1) The Gendarme Who Goofed
2) The Standards
3) The Triumphs
4) The Standard - Triumph Combined
5) Buttercup
6) The TR's and Competition Results
7) Tuning and Maintenance for Every day Competition
8) The TSOA
9) What Next ?

This book is also full of interesting quality photos and service
instruction, I would also be interested in learning of other such
publications which may exist,  which I could be on-the-lookout for.

Bob, I would be interested in receiving your Biblio when compiled and
perhaps you could add this booklet to your effort.

best regards

At 08:31 AM 05/03/97 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 97-03-04 21:25:55 EST, paul.heuer@dsto.defence.gov.au
>(Heuer, Paul) writes:
>
><< Hi all,
> I picked up this book at a garage sale on the weekend & wonder if it is rare
>
> and valuable or just another item of junk for my bookshelf:
>
> "Triumph Cars" by T.P. Postlethwaite 1959
> "A practical guide to maintenance and repair covering all models from 1937"
>>>

>Paul;
>That old book is worthless, but I'll help out and take it off your hands so
>it won't clutter up your shelf !
>
>Seriously, I've just started picking up similar books from literature dealers
>but have not run across that one.  I'll ad the name to a Biblio on TR
>literature I've been working on.  Can you tell me the publisher?  Sounds like
>a good one !
>
>Bob Paul

Ron Botting
Surrey, B.C. Canada