Re: K&N air filters for SU HS4 carbs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: K&N air filters for SU HS4 carbs
From: Mike A Gendimenico <Mike_A_Gendimenico@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 97 16:18:00 PST
Text item:

I don't have the number handy, but K&N has a tech support line that is very
helpful.  If you have dimensions that should help as their catalog includes
dimensions for their product.  Also, onc you have a K&N part number you can get
them from any K&N dealer which many times is much cheaper than Moss/TRF or Vicky
Brit.  E.g. British catalogs listed my GT6 K&Ns for $45ea, got them at Auto
parts club for $26ea.

Mike

Worldly Scions,

Does anyone know the K&N part number for SU HS4 air filters?
K&N doesn't have a specific listing for type HS carbs.  They have
a number for type HIF, and another number with no details, possibly
for "all the rest".  I am reluctant to take a chance on this one.
The Moss Europe number for this part is not recognized by K&N.
None of the usual US vendors have a listing.  My carbs are almost
ready, the weather in getting warmer and I'm getting anxious to try
these things out!

Thanks in advance,

--
Bob Sykes   -  - -  __,@_\____      s1500@worldnet.att.net