TR7 Hinge (Headlight) Motor

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR7 Hinge (Headlight) Motor
From: jean dahl <jdahl@convex.convex.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 16:43:10 -0600
Hello,

I am new to this list and haven't sent a message until now, but I have
been reading your correspondence for several months now. I find it very
interesting and informative. There doesn't seem to be too many TR7
owners out there however. So, I hope someone can help me with my
problem.

Recently, my front left hinge (headlight) motor on my '77 TR7 decided to
throw a fit. When I tried to put the headlights down, the left headlight
won't go down and it became stuck in the upright position and the motor
continued to spin, even after the car was shut off. The only way to
solve this problem was to remove the hinge (headlight) motor, which
stopped the electricity going to the motor and the spinning. My question
is: Is my problem in the actual motor or is it something else, like the
spring that holds the hinge in place? Any help or suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks, JJ Dahl, 1977 TR7, 2nd owner with 60K original miles