Thrust Washer Longevity

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Thrust Washer Longevity
From: Bill Schleusner <b-schleusner@ti.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 13:44:07 -0600
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8575040509a0150781@dpcs4.itg.ti.com>
There has been quite a bit of discussion about the merits (or lack thereof) of
Triumph thrust washers.  The one bit of information that I haven't seen
discussed, or I may have missed it was;  What is the estimated useful life of
Triumph thrust washers?  When I am looking at a TR6 with 75K miles on the OD,
can I naturally assume that the thrust washers will need replacing immediately
(assuming the engine hasn't been rebuilt).  Does the type of driving, highway
vs. city, effect the life of the washers?  This would be good information to
have while out and about looking at prospective cars.

>From Bill Schleusner  lbc-less at the current time
b-schleusner@ti.com