Re: TR3 on TV!

To: "Gregory W. Smith" <gsmith@cvn.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 on TV!
From: Tom Linder <linder@ccnet.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 17:58:04 -0800
Gregory W. Smith wrote:

> In the recent Bell Atlantic ads voiced-over by James Earl Jones, the black &
>white ad with the yellow square (for the Yellow Pages) talking about an auto
>repair shop & how it can find customers spotlights a light-colored (probably
>white) TR3 widemouth with the hood popped and smoking. I *really* hope that
>scene was staged. I think it was referred to as a "cream puff", so they seemed
>to care about it.
>
> Greg Smith
> 1980 Triumph TR7 Convertible: 30th Anniversary Edition
> 1980 Triumph TR7 Spider Convertible: Undergoing major unibody-up restoration
>& improvements
> 1986 Honda Prelude Si (new to me!) : Daily driver
> Member, Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
>                -- Hosting the 1997 VTR Regionals!
> Greg Smith
> 1980 Triumph TR7 Convertible: 30th Anniversary Edition
> 1980 Triumph TR7 Spider Convertible: Undergoing major unibody-up restoration
>& improvements
> 1986 Honda Prelude Si (new to me!) : Daily driver
> Member, Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
>                -- Hosting the 1997 VTR Regionals!
I have an office in downtown Oakland, CA and I saw them filming the Bell
Atlantic ad approximately three months ago. I was disappointed when the
guy told me the ad would only be shown on the east coast. I was
especially interested in the car because it was white and black (just
like mine).

Just a little information for you.

Thanks,

Tom Linder