Re: spitfire - vacuum piping?

To: mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov
Subject: Re: spitfire - vacuum piping?
From: Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 18:47:37 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Michael Galloway wrote:
[snip]
>with a bunch of leaky elbows. so i thought, i'll just order up some
>a new set of vacuum piping from TRF. now the TRF catalog indicates
>that the vacuum system for my commission number (FM75129/FM102169UE)
>should contain two traps and three connections to the carb. this
>is leaving me somewhat confused. is the TRF catalog incorrect, or
>is my system not what it should be?

With all due respect, TRF catalog is incorrect here.  Assuming
you have a '78 Federal (not california) model with the EGR valve
on top, use the TRF diagram for Comm. # FM80,001 - FM110,000.

--
Bob Sykes   -  - -  __,@_\____      s1500@worldnet.att.net
'78 Spitfires -  -- }-0-----0->     s1500@aol.com