Flogging a dead Buddhist monk

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Flogging a dead Buddhist monk
From: Adam Turner <turner@public.se>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 09:12:25 +0100
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
DANMAS@aol.com wrote:

> rgb@exact.com wrote:
>
> >Michael, are you deaf or something?  This topic has been
> >beat to death so many times, I'm embarassed that anyone
> >has the guts to ask.
>
> For oldtimers on this list, this may topic may have been beaten to death, but
> for newcomers, like myself, it is new. I would hope that this list will
> continue to grow, as does our hobby, which means we will continue to see old
> topics brought up again.
>
> Since Michael is compiling the results of his poll, the next time this
> question is asked, instead of boring everyone else with old comments, he can
> just post his survey results and, bingo - question answered, thread dead!
>
> Might it be not a good idea for someone to summerize the results of all
> lenghty threads - such as the one now ongoing about TR3 thermostats - for
> posting at a later date for newcomers?
>
> Dan Masters,
> Alcoa, TN
More power to your elbow!

Can you imagine the Zen master saying to his pupil: "now look here, I'm
sick and tired of showing all you young whippersnappers the way to
infinite enlightenment! Bog off and learn it yourself."

I for one use this list because I know if I have a problem there's
someone out there who's seen and solved it n times before. Patience,
dear Scion elders, is surely the hallmark of wisdom.

Adam Turner
Novice
´74 TR6