Re: TR6 cam/timing chain

To: Kevin Andrews <kevina@wolverine.emji.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 cam/timing chain
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 1997 11:22:27 +0000
Cc: triumph club <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Kevin Andrews wrote:

> Paul,
>         I also got my cam back from ISKY. But did not get a spec sheet on the
> cam. Did you get one with it? It is best to get a degree wheel and check it
> that way. Also look at your old gear and see how it was placed on the cam.
> You should be able to get it pretty close. Again, it is best with a degree
>wheel.
> When you get the wheel it will tell you how to get TDC.
>         Kevin Andrews
>         Siler City, NC
>         TR-250(CD7766L)
Kevin; I got the spec sheet. Call Isky (231-770-0930) and they'll send
you one.
I have my doubts on the Dpo instalation of the old timing gear. It's no
help at all. I also looked it up in the factory service manual. It says
to put the milled cutaway on the cam at the "20 past 4" position as a
basic starting point. I'm assuming they're refering to the larger of the
2 milled lines on the cam. It's the only one that cuts all the way thru
the snout face of the cam.  Anyone have any experience with this?