Re: radiator

To: Bumper <bumper@erols.com>
Subject: Re: radiator
From: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@named.dalton.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 11:36:54 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, vafred@erols.com
Bumper wrote:

> My spitfire (79) does not leak any radiator fluid from the radiator or
> from any hoses, however, when it first gets warm, I have a strong smell
> of radiator fluid while driving. It goes away in about a minute or so but
> it did not always do that. It just started during the winter time. Any
> ideas? Do I have a problem and just don't know it yet?
>
> Bumper bumper@erols.com

You did not say whether or not there was any white smoke coming from the
tail pipe, nor did you state what part of the country you are in.  You
also did not state whether the water level was low or not.  If you are
in a colder climate, using the heater during this time, you may need a
new heater core, or plumbing for the heater.  If there is any heavy
white smoke, or if there seems to be water in the oil, you have a
problem with a blown head gasket.

Ron N.
Dalton, Ga
http://member.dalton.net/~spitfire1500
77 Spitfire 1500 - undergoing cajones transplant - FM66513UO
62? Vitesse/Sports 6 convertible - HB5635LCV
92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!) - 1FAPP38U1NK150073