Re: TRIUMPH as an anagram/acronym/anachronism/whatever

To: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Subject: Re: TRIUMPH as an anagram/acronym/anachronism/whatever
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 22:01:01 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, Tom "English Major" Tweed wrote:

> Fellow pointy-headed Motorheads,
>
> Strictly speaking, the examples we've seen so far are in fact acronyms,
> which include such as NASA, NATO, and even RADAR.
>
> An example of an anagram would be MURPHIT or PHRUITM, not that anyone
> would really give a rat's a**.

Not to mention the (to me, anyway) rather obvious RUMP HIT. Considering
the condition of the rear center valence on my Herald saloon, I've given
serious thought to rearranging the chrome letters in such fashion.

--Andy "Mr. Proofreder, er, Proofreader" Mace

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Rumphit Drahle engine with swing.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *