Re[2]: TR3 Shop Manuals

To: jibrooks@juno.com (Jack I Brooks), Triumphs@autox.team.net, twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman)
Subject: Re[2]: TR3 Shop Manuals
From: Thomas.Geoghan@ritchie.disa.mil
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 13:14:59 -0400

     TerriAnn: source of the TRA concourse judging handbook?

     Tom Geoghan

Subject: Re: TR3 Shop Manuals
Author:  twakeman@scruznet.com (TeriAnn Wakeman) at internet
Date:    24/10/96 6:29 AM

At  2:32 AM 10/24/96 -0400, Jack I Brooks wrote:
>Having just bought my TR3 (which came with an original TR2 manual) I am
>trying to determine which maintenance/repair manual to purchase.  Any
>suggestions?
>

>Jack Brooks
>Hillsdale, New Jersey
>1960 TR3-A TS69032L

Jack you do have a problem,  The factory did an excellent job of
documenting the TR2 and a good job of documenting the TR3,  Those of us
with post TS60000 TR3As just need to use a combination of anything we can
find.  The factory manual is good for rebuilding an engine but not for
identifying original parts or working on the electrical system.

Here is what I would recommend.

1. The  factory TR2 repair manual  - covers things that haven't changed.
2. The Hayes TR2-4 repair manual - Covers later stuff
3. The TRA concourse judging handbook - tells you what parts should be on
your car.  This is a MUST have for people restoring late TR3As.
4. A reprint of the correct year owners manual - gives maintenence and
tuneup info for your year of car.  Also if memory serves, it gives a
correct wiring diagram. (The one in the Roadster Factory's glove box
companion has at least one error that I noticed).
5. The factory parts manual -  documents the TR2 but has better pictures &
shows more parts than the red shop manual.  Assume a lot of the parts
documented are wrong for your car, but its better than nothing..sorta

TeriAnn

twakeman@scruznet.com