Re: LBC parts: Australian Import Duty and Sales Tax

Subject: Re: LBC parts: Australian Import Duty and Sales Tax
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egilk@sn.no>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 04:53:00 GMT
Apparently-to: triumphs@autox.team.net
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Owen Michaels-Hardy wrote:

> Made me wonder whether other governments, particularly the American,
> Canadian, New Zealand, are also into extorting their population of LBC lovers?

In Norway we pay an import duty on car parts made in UK (or Europe) of 0%,
but there is a general 23% value-added-tax (but there is no UK VAT). On
parts made outside Europe, the duty is approx. 4%.

This in contrast to taxation of complete (new) cars, which ends up in the
neighborhood of a whopping 100% (depending on engine/car size etc.)

So I guess LBCers aren't treated too badly (assuming that brand new
Rover/Honda/BMW/whatever don't count as an LBC).

Egil
--
Email: egilk@sn.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway