TR6 throttle link bushings (was: Bodyshell restoration - TR6)

To: TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Subject: TR6 throttle link bushings (was: Bodyshell restoration - TR6)
From: "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 8:48:23 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>I am reinstalling the accelerator pedal and linkage and am attempting to
>reinstall the two nylon bearings that are located on the "sides" of the
>bulkhead.

While I have heard that the firewall was built around these things, I
suppose that new ones can actually be installed.  Everyone I have talked to
about this has split those bushings and then rotated them into place with
plenty of vaseline, etc.  I think one of the best ideas I heard was to heat
them in boiling water to soften them slightly, then try to get them in
place before they cool.  I recall Scott Paisley simply used 3/8" vacuum
hose lubricated with a silicon grease.

 Lee M. Daniels                 Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
 daniels@tamu.edu                                         Texas A&M University
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB