Suspending a TR6 Bodyshell from the Rafters!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Robb Baugher)
Subject: Suspending a TR6 Bodyshell from the Rafters!
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 96 8:40:05 -0400
Hey All,

        I know that someone(s) one this list has done this before, and I have
some questions.  I have built a loft in my garage using 2x6's (11 foot
span).  I need to lift the body shell of the TR6 off the frame so I can
fix the trailing arms and rebuild the suspension.

        I remember someone saying they had just pulled the bodyshell up to the
rafters and left it hanging from there.  I have the following questions:

1) Did you use a pulley system and if so how big were they and where did
you get them from?

2) What type and size rope did you use?  What was its Max Load listed as?

3) What were the attachment point of the body shell you used.

4) How much stuff did you strip off of the body shell?

5) How long did you leave it handing there?

6) What shape was it in when you tried to attach it back to the frame?

7) Did you support it from underneath with anything?

8) How many people did you require to raise and lower it?

9) Did you have to worry about the shell twisting/flipping into odd
positions while it was being raised or lowered?

10) Please and any details/warnings you feel are important.

Thanks,
JHD IV