<tr6> more on high altitude

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: <tr6> more on high altitude
From: "Deb Summa and Jim TenCate" <summa@roadrunner.com>
Date: 21 Oct 96 22:07:42 -0600
Been doing a little reading about needles and jets and my (probable) high
altitude, rich running problem.  Here in the Haynes CD Carburettor book I
see some interesting things...

B1AF needles are fitted stock to the 74 TR6.  I have the needle dimensions
here in front of me and will measure my needles tomorrow with micrometer to
see how much they've worn over the years.  Could be interesting.

Also, MOST curious is the comment at the top of the table which refers to
"alternative metering needle(s) for operation at elevated altitudes"
(elevated altitudes are, if Triumph was consistent from 1974 to 1980, 4000
ft above sea level)!  Alas, they don't list the alternative needles or if
Triumph even had one for this carb, referring you instead to the
manufacturer for information on special high altitude applications.  Anyone
out there know anything?

I find the above pretty interesting and now I'm really eager to hear from
the folks in Denver or Boulder (5000 ft or so) to see if they've
encountered similar problems and what they've done.

Jim TenCate, rich running TR6, 7500 ft above sea level.