TR6 Overdrive Switch

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Steve Sutton'" <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Subject: TR6 Overdrive Switch
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 11:58:06 -0600
Encoding: 34 TEXT
From:   Steve Sutton[SMTP:ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us]
Sent:   Friday, October 18, 1996 9:31 PM
To:     triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject:        passed smog!!

Well, my seven year restoration of my 74 1/2 TR-6 is almost over.  Took it
down
this morning and it passed California's stringent SMOG-II smog check the first
try -- no fiddling with anything!!!!!

It sure is wonderful to drive it around again.  Boy, what a feeling...
smelling
all the fumes, hearing that great exhaust note, wonderful mechanical noises
coming from the engine..... Yes, life is good!!
Good to hear, have fun!!!

But, I do have a question to those Tr-6 owners with OD's...Is the OD supposed
to be engaged when the OD switch is in the UP or DOWN position?  The manual
says says UP is on, mine is just the opposite, but looks like the PO has done
some work to the switch as evidenced by wrapping the internals in blue
electrical tape.  So, before I go tearing into the switch to *fix* it I just
want to make sure it's broke first!
Mine is on in the down position and this is certainly original. However my car
is 76 and a rather late one at that. So perhaps they were different in previous
years.

BTW, is the OD supposed to be engaged with the clutch pedal pushed in or not,
or does it matter???

Peter Zaborski, Calgary AB Canada
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
peterz@merak.com