TR3 Steering

Subject: TR3 Steering
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 1996 09:46:27 -0400 (EDT)
  Ok, who the heck decided they'd put about a thousand ball-joints and drop
arms in the TR3's steering system?!?!?  I'm trying to get them all apart,
and am having a heck of a time.  Even with the smallest puller I could find,
I don't have any room to get the puller on any but the outer most the
joints.  My current plan is to remove the radiator and attempt to pull the
whole system out the front of the car, where I can get a better grip on the
joints.  I'm pretty sure this is going to work, and I wanted to pull the
radiator anyway, but does anybody have another solution?  (I just loved the
workshop manual's typical directions: Remove using a "suitable lever".  Gee,
thanks.)

----
Jeremy DuBois                              jer@thlogic.com
Manager, Info Systems                      http://www.thlogic.com/~jer/
Thermalogic Corporation                    '60 TR3A, '74 MGB, '76 Spit