Originality Questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Originality Questions
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 20:36:27 -0700 (PDT)
Triumphsters,
        Hello all! I've got a couple questions on originality type stuff
for the GT6.

1> The other day, I met the guy we bought the Triumph from. He gave me the
letters T R I U M P H and the upside down T emblem Triumph used for a
while. We already have the letters on the back. I know that Triumph used
the letters and emblem and emblem for a _very_ short time on the hood of
GT6 mk1 cars, possibly just for prototypes. Now, I need to know if anyone
has info on whether or not our GT6 should have there. The commission # is
KC6534 and the engine # is KC6976E. Also, to get a pic of what I'm talking
about, look in the March 1987 Classic and Sportscar. In fact, the
registration # on the car in the pic is GHP 432D, if that helps. A more
recent publication that has what I'm talking about is the #62 Vintage
Triumph Register mag. It's on page 1346 and the article is on emmisson
controls. An intresting sidenote to this pic is that the car is an early
GT6 mk1, and would have almost none of the emission controls that are
listed under the pic. Anyway, anyone with info on this, or where I could
get teh info, please e-mail me. It looks really cool on the hood and I'd
love to have it on mine.

2> The fuel pump. The repro I bought is all screwy; I don't have time this
weekend to mess with it. The original is badly corroded on the inside, real
rough like (it looks like a mountain range). I dipped it in carb cleaner
overnight and cleaned it the next morning. My question is: does anyone know
of something I can spread on the corroded parts to fill in the mountains on
it? Will simple bathroom caulk work? Any ideas appreciated.

Once again, a big thanks to everyone on the list. My parts didn't come from
VB today, after I'd paid $17 for overnight shipping. They'll get an earful
tommorow. As a result, I can't tell you if the GT6 is running! But it
should, by all accounts. Anyway, thanks everyone and good luck!

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net
"I'm God's gift to humility."
1966 Triumph GT6 mk1