Breather pipe or PCV?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Breather pipe or PCV?
From: token@ridgecrest.ca.us
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 15:55:45 -0700
Posted-date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 15:55:03 -0700 (PDT)
  Hello to one and all,

  My '62 TR4 is a daily driver and gets about 300 miles a week put on her.  A
while back (couple of weeks) I wrote to the list about the fact that my LBC
no longer leaks!  Well she does now!

  Backed out of the drive the other day and noticed a large, but not alarming,
spot of oil on the concrete.  Oh well, it is a LBC after all.

  Just went out to investigate this charicteristic activity and found that the
breather tube had fallen off and is now lost.  So now the big question.  I have
looked in all my catalogs and this part seems to be unavailible.  I have always
thought that the PCV valve was a good thing, and now I must decide whether to
try and locate a breather tube or just convert to PCV.

  What would be involved with converting this motor to PCV?  Would it be as
simple as blocking off the breather hole, installing a PCV valve, and then
splitting off the tube and taking it to each carb?

  I seem to remember reading something about this in this list before, but not
sure.

  Latter,

Darrell Leach,   KD6LRC   DM-15,   Ridgecrest, Ca
email: token@owens.ridgecrest.ca.us
   or: darrell_leach-mti@echo.chinalake.navy.mil
1962 TR-4 (CT5368LO)    28,000 miles
1984 GL1200A GoldWing  128,000 miles  (go figure)