Re: TR6 [& Spit] - Body Removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 [& Spit] - Body Removal
From: Silikal@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 17:15:45 -0400
>>I am getting ready to pull the body off of my 74 Spit 1500 (FM10350U) so
>>that I can replace the driver's side floor.
>
>     Instead of welding the door jambs to supports, has anyone con-
>sidered fabricating brackets that could be bolted on?

I've used two angle iron braces from the cowl to the rear of the cockpit,
using some existing holes for the bolts.  I know it was the hardtop mount
bolts in the rear, forget exactly what bolted into the cowl/dashtop area.
Seems to work fairly well.  ISTR the door hinges attach to nut plates,
and as such may move a bit.  I also still have it on the frame.

Dave Williamson  (silikal@aol.com)  Spits in bits