TR6 Alternator

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Alternator
From: mxgo@ix.netcom.com
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 07:43:29 -0700
As a matter of interest, I just bought ($73) a Lucas alternator for my 73 TR6
from a local parts store (Winchester Auto Parts) here in San Jose California
that was quite a bit cheaper than TRF, Moss, or VB.

The old altenator was still working but had a loose bearing. You can hear the
bearing by running the car and putting a long screw driver to the alternator
body and your ear to the handle end of the srew driver.  Of course you use a
car stethscope.

Martin Gonzales, 1973 TR6 Commission No.CF 2199U