Re: Oil pressure gauge.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil pressure gauge.
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 16:00:27 -0700 (PDT)
>Question of the day:
>
>  The oil pressure gauge on my 74 TR6 has a bit of oil standing
> behind the glass. Its a "Smiths" gauge and there about 1/8 inch of
> it at the thickest point. Common problem? Can the gauge be
> repaired (by me)? It works great otherwise.
>
>Thanks
>-Steve

Steve,
        Not much of a problem at all. All you have to do is take the guage
out and apart and clean it up real good. There are many resources to help
you with taking the little bugger apart; the best one is probably this here
list.

BTW, how did oil get behind the glass anyhow?!

Good Luck!

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net
"I'm God's gift to humility."