TR6 HEATER SWITCH MALFUNCTION CORRECTED

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 HEATER SWITCH MALFUNCTION CORRECTED
From: JCBOUCHARD@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 15:51:20 -0400
Thanks to the person who responded to my request for help regarding what
might be causing my heater motor switch to blow a fuse.
    I loosened the switch and disconnected it from the motor (two
connectors), leaving the power source connected.  I then turned the ignition
on and watched as the fuel gauge rose (same circuit).  I then turned the
switch on.  The fuse did not blow which led me to believe that the motor was
causing the problem.  I jiggled the switch in its hole and the fuse blew
(fuel gauge to zero).  I turned off the ignition and the switch and replaced
the fuse.  Then, with the switch in the off position(ignition on), I jiggled
the switch and noticed that one of the switche's spare prongs was making
contact with the metal fascia, causing a spark, and apparantly shorting the
circuit.  I bent the spare prong back so that it would be out of the way of
 the fascia, tightened up the switch, and connected the motor leads.  Voila.
The motor worked like a champ.  Hope this helps someone in the future.
 Thanks to the person who helped make my driving experience a warmer one.

Sincerely,
Joe Bouchard