TR6 ain't no wedge

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 ain't no wedge
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 23:01:38 -0600 (MDT)
I've finally replaced my tired front springs and cured a front low enough on
my TR6 to make it look as if it were jacked up in the rear end.  How low was
it?  The tires rubbed on the outer fender edges on sharp turns if the wheel
was also going over even quite small bumps.

Now that its right again, maybe its my imagination but it looks a little
high.  Does anyone have measurements what the front end should be (e.g.
ground to bumper or height to leading edge of the hood).  The Bentley manual
doesn't have any.  Measurements given in an old car review of 4.5" and 6"
clearence beneath the front suspension and engine, respectively, are close
to mine.  Bottom of the doors to the ground at 11.5" are also OK. Maybe its
just the radical change after so long has me fooled.  Looking at pictures of
new cars shows a fair bit of variance is possible in the space between tire
top and fender edge.  BTW, the replacement springs were used, but from a
reputable source so should be correct.  Maybe they'll settle in after a few
days.
Thanks,
Rod. ain't no wanna-be TR7 wedge     ('70 TR6  CC55899L)