Bleeding Brakes 2

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bleeding Brakes 2
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 16:35:38 -0600
Encoding: 24 TEXT
I've had some replies about my earlier question regarding the resetting of the
PDWA on a 76 TR6 so here is some clarification:

The VTR article on bleeding brakes
(http://www.vtr.org/maintain/brake-bleeding.html) states:
...Your Pressure Differential Warning Actuator (PDWA) may be tripped. This
would close off either the front or back hydraulic circuit and leave the other
functional. It's easy to trip this when bleeding the brakes. If this is your
problem, the brake warning light will glow brightly when the ignition is turned
on...

I do not know how to tell which hydraulic cicuit is the one "closed off" but my
brake light is definitely glowing. I also heard the tell-tale click of the PDWA
while bleeding the brakes so I am fairly certain it is "tripped".

Again my question was how to detemrine which circuit (front or rear) is
actually the one tripped?

Thanks again for any help.

Peter Zaborski, Calgary AB Canada
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)