Re: Triumphs

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumphs
From: Travis@webstar.net (Travis Pfluger)
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 96 10:01 CDT
>Hey Travis,
>    I see that you have the same addiction as me.  So far I have been
>mainly in the car (read project) acquisition mode but Uncle Sam wants me
>to move this summer (I'm in the Coast Guard) so I will have to reduce my
>car inventory.  Current holdings:
>71 TR6 keeper
>74 TR6 for sale
>61 TR3 50% finished (keeper)
>(2) 80 spits (??)
>
>Any way, the reason for the note is I need a rear bumper cover (the black
>plastic/rubber kind that covered both ends of the late spits--One of mine
>is short this piece.  Is that what is on your 79?  As you can see
>normally I buy the whole car and since yours has OD it would be a great
>parts car but my marriage would not sustain another straw -- something
>about a camel's back.
>
>Just rebuilt a TR4 gearbox for my 3 (to get the full synchro).  Would
>have liked to have talked you out of your O/D but  Don't think I will
>use the 3 much for long distances.  Plus I need to learn when to say
>when!
>
>Lived in Corpus for a while, different but nice.  I usually hit the
>import junkyards at every new duty station looking for interesting
>cars/parts.   Corpus did not offer much in the way of TR stuff.
( My 57, came out of Port Aransas).

Response to a request by Matt Barre and Mike Burdick;

Sorry it took so long to respond.

My '79 does not have a rear bumper, seats,guages, or top. The dash looks
like a spaghetti bowl with it all hanging out.

Sorry, no bumper trim, Matt.

Mike, at this time I have not settled on parting out the '79 or selling it
"as is"   ( a complete mechanical with misc. sheet metal). If i don't get
rid of it in the next month i will part out.

Thanks for the response.

Travis