(Sigh) Early (pre TS1300) Long door TR2 For Sale

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: (Sigh) Early (pre TS1300) Long door TR2 For Sale
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 16:01:18 -0400
Gosh I hate to do this but...

My perpetual project, TS981L, is up for sale.  I've finally figured out that
I can't do everything, and quite frankly, don't have to.   I've been restoring
it since 1993, but priorities have changed, so I'd like to find a good home
for it.

The car is in the midst of retoration.  The drivetrain and chassis are done,
and the body has been started.  Most of the tub has been fixed and is in
primer.  Since the car is from Arizona originally it has little rust, and
most of that had been fixed.  The body panels do have a few dents in them,
and they will have to be aligned.   Last night I hung the body panels back
on the car to make room in the garage and was suprised at how nice it looked.
Almost made me sentimental, almost.  The engine has been started and runs
fine.  I have all the receipts for what's been accomplished.  The goal was
originality, so only original, or original reproduction, parts have been
used.  It's stock folks...

All the parts are there, and I even have almost all the early long door
specific parts (except the tailamp bezels, and I know where to get these -
right now I'm using MG TD tailamp bezels) including thermostat housing and
radiator, and the car is equipped with an overdrive.  The car comes with a
complete tool kit and manuals.   I took the car apart in 1993 and put the
labled parts in plastic boxes on shelves - you get those too!

Price?  $5500 and I'll throw in an autographed picture of the TR Stealth.
The car is not drivable, so it will have to be TRailered or shipped (unless
you're really nuts and want to drive the chassis around - you could do it!) You
can reach me through this list, at cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil, work
number (513) 255-2831, or home at (513) 376-9946.  I'll be on the road next
week, but I`ll try to check my messages.  I decided to give the folks on the
list the first crack at it since you all seem to have the same level of
mental instability as I do.

It`s taken me a while to realize even if you die with the most toys, you're
still dead! Have a great weekend - I'll be cruisin` with the top down...

Ciao,

Bruce Clough