re: LH and RH "Parcel Tray" for Spitfire

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin.monsanto.com
Subject: re: LH and RH "Parcel Tray" for Spitfire
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-537-6732)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 07:40:29 -0500
>I am looking for the "Parcel Tray" (according to Rimmer Bros. catalog)
>both LH and RH from a MK III or MK IV Spitfire.  This I guess would be
>the glove box on the passenger side and just a cover up on the drivers
>side. Rimmer does have this part but do not wish to order overseas if
>possible.  Could someone suggest if this part is available through a
>domestic (U.S.) supplier.  It is not carried by Victoria British.
>Thanks to all in advance who reply.
>
>Kirk Stanford
>'70 Spitfire MKIII

Are you sure VB doesn't carry them? I've bought them from VB and TRF. In
my opinion, the ones from VB are of better quality (truly an exception
to the rule!).

Don't believe the catalog - they usually just list them for the 1500's.
These same pieces fit all of the Spits and GT6s that have the full width
wood dash. And the RH parcel tray fits ALL spits. I know. I've replaced
them in two Spits and a GT6+.

If not, there's always Kipping...

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.com