Re: pounds (no LBC content)

To: triumphs@autox.TEAM.net
Subject: Re: pounds (no LBC content)
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 1996 18:40:49 -0400
Thanks Ralph, Ken, Berry, et al.,

for the conversion factors, now if I could just find my slide rule...oh,
here it is, under this stack of 8-track tapes, next to the lava lamp...

Since 60 mph = 161.280 e+03 furlongs per fortnight, I think we can safely
co-opt the K for Kilo convention here, so that

60 mph = 161 Kfpf (rounded for expediency, of course).

Does anyone have an NOS Smiths speedo calibrated in Kfpf ?  Worth big $, eh?

I could brag that Rusty the Red Roadster can cruise at around 160 and maybe
advertise it amongst the Lamborghinis and Maseratis parked down at the
Dew Drop Inn.  The ad could read 160 with the Kfpf as a fine-print footnote,
do ya think anyone would suspect something's wrong with this picture ?
I'll just tell 'em it's some obscure Euro-spec thing similar to Kilometers.

Well, I must be off, time to get ready for Indy / 6-Pack.
Buenos nachos,
Claude Hopper
TR-250
SW Ohio