Re: Diagnosis (TR6)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Diagnosis (TR6)
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 11:07:15 -0700
>I've been quoted $450 on a used rear end, $1200 on a rebuilt rear end.  >What
>does the wisdom say ?  I can afford the used easier, but if the rebuilt is
>the better way to do, I can get a part time job..
Carol,
There is nothing wrong with a "pre-owned" rear end.  These units are fairly
robust ( I'm surprised yours broke ).  Just open the case and (have your
mechanic)  inspect the unit before you commit.  If all looks well go for it.
Of course the rebuilt should have a guarantee of some kind-
Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com
Bschwart@pacbell.net
63' Spitfire,  72'-V6 Spitfire   70'GT6+