Re: mityvac in U.K. ?

To: Eric Rupert <eric@rpm.com>
Subject: Re: mityvac in U.K. ?
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 09:39:00 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Eric Rupert wrote:

> Date: Wed, 25 Sep 96 07:09:20 EDT
> From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
> Subject: Re: mityvac in U.K. ?
>
> > Completely agreed.  One of the real joys of a Spitfire (or any
> > other *sports* car for that matter) is its agility and its ability
> > to go around corners.  A V-8 Spit is almost certainly going to
> > lose that appeal.  Now the rotary powered Spitfire project that
> > GRM is undertaking might well be a different story....
>
> > cheers,
> > John Lye
>
> I just picked up on this thread.  Who is GRM?  I would like to send him a
> message as I have begun the preparations to convert the drivetrain in my
> '66 MKII to a rotary.  Want to see how far he has gotten.  It seems like
> the right way to go, a compact, high revving power plant with at least 2X
> the HP of the 1147.   I am thinking of purchasing a "whole" RX-7 and taking
> what I need then sending the remainder to a salvage yard versus buying the
> stuff I need one part at a time from a salvage yard.  A running RX-7 can be
> had on the east coast for under $1000.
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric Rupert
> '66 MKII
> (Waiting for a new heart)

Eric,

GRM is Grass Roots Motorsports, a great magazine.  They are in process
of the conversion you describe and will be doing many articles as they
proceed.

They have a web page somewhere and a quick search found a reference at
http://www.magamall.com/magazine/74868/Grassroots_Motorsports.htm

The mag is a real help in it's advertising alone, not to mention some
great articles.

Have fun,

Henry Frye
thefryes@iconn.net