BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Chris Gooderham <"cdg@direc

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs: Non-member submission from [Chris Gooderham <"cdg@direct.ca/cdg"@eznet.ca>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 12:39:34 -0600
     Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 11:00:04 -0700
     From: Chris Gooderham <"cdg@direct.ca/cdg"@eznet.ca>
     Subject: TR7, Strombergs, not running 100%

here's the scoop,
1980 Tr7, cv, 2litre,
 twin strombergs,
 header exhaust,
 no egr valve,
 vacuum advance disconnected, with a points ignition,
 new wires, platinum plugs,
 tempurature runs cool to normal,
 running 94 octane fuel(canadian rating),
 crankcase ventalation connected to carbs,
 using 10w30 engine oil in throttle dampeners,
 engine oil is 5w40 synthetic,
 clutch fan seized,
idles around 1100 rpm when warm.
PROBLEM: during the first while(warmup and beyond) the car has little
power, especially when starting from a dead stop, rev up to 3k, let out
the clutch(4speed, not 5 like it should have) and it bogs down to 600
rpm and crawls allong till the rpms get up and a little power return, at
one time last summer it was running great, more power than I knew what
to do with(not really) so I know it can do better.
I have a spare set of carbs, and am a little concerned about where to
set the timimg when I don't use the vacuum advance, and setting the
carbs up is always fun.
ANYBODY SEE ANY MAJOR(or minor) FLAWS in whats happening here?