Re: Mult-carb tuning

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, ingate@shiseis.com
Subject: Re: Mult-carb tuning
From: kboetzer@auspex.com (Ken Boetzer)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 13:54:03 -0700
SNIP
> The symptoms?  Popping on overrun, hunting on a steady throttle,
> and coughing when cold.  It accelerates fine, and idles well.
> I dont see how changing the mains could do this, but maybe I
> "bumped" something.
>
> I'm not sure now how to proceed.  The Haynes manual has precious
> little.  Should I:
>       - purchase a carb balancing tool?
>       - purchase the Bently manual?
>       - offer a human sacrifice to the Dark Lord Lucas?
>
> Can anyone offer this poor soul (and others) a tutorial on the
> mysteries of these "ancient" devices?
>
>       Shane Ingate and poppin' TR6 in San Diego

Shane,

1) A carb balancing tool, Unisyn, is desirable but not necessary. The
stethyscope
   tube at the mouth of the carb while listening for the same rushing sound on
each
   will often do the trick. The Unisyn is more consistent though.

2) I consider a book a must have item. Especially for devices as mysterious as
carbs.

3) Usually a chicken or small mammal will do. Find a goat for the sure fire
cure.

I'm not up on the strombergs YET, so I'm unfortunatly little help with the
symptoms.

The YET refers to the soon to be operational Spitfire-6 the youngster is
working on.

:-)

Cheers,

Ken Boetzer