Re: TR6 tires

Subject: Re: TR6 tires
From: "Randell Jesup" <jesup@mailhost.scala.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 96 14:58:57 EDT
Gregory Petrolati writes:

>> I could use some advice on choosing tires for a 73 TR6 to replace the
>> Micheline redlines currently on the car.  I will be using KN replicas of
>> minilite wheels, 5.5" width, and want to install rally grade springs,
>> plus some other changes to the suspension system.
>>
>       I think a 255/55/15 will do the trick... My personal rec for the BFG
>       Comp TA HR (mine were 205/60/15s) is added. I fell into these tires

        255/55/15's would be way too wide for 5.5" wheels, I think.  You'd
need 6" or maybe even 6.5" wheels for those, I think.  205/60's will fit on
5.5's, though they're noticably smaller in diameter, and thus will lower the
gearing/increase rpm/make the speedo incorrect.  (I think the difference was
around 5-6%).  There's a web page (somewhere) with info on this, Bob Lang's
I think.  Try rooting around the SOL or VTR web pages for it.

--
Randell Jesup, Scala US R&D, Ex-Commodore-Amiga Engineer class of '94
Randell.Jesup@scala.com